Curated here is a master list of everything I'm currently working on, as well as my writing portfolio. If you've any questions about anything here, please feel free to drop me a line.
Works in Progress:
London - Paranormal - Adult
A man stumbles across a dusty old science fiction book, but the book's title names him. As he reads it, he realises that despite obviously predating him by several decades, it is actually a completely accurate biography of himself.
Rural Appalachia - Speculative Fiction - Adult
A One-Percenter is ejected from the lap of luxury and finds himself outside the hallowed halls of his neighbourhood. He meets a handiman called Curtis, and has to navigate his way through a growing resistance to the life he always knew to be right.
Distant Space - Sci Fi - Young Adult
The Starship Australis' maiden voyage is doomed, and the cutting edge artificial intelligence technology it was carrying is missing. One young girl is the secret...
???? - Speculative Fiction - Adult
A subterranean life of quiet, unquestioning toil isn't good enough for one inhabitant. They seek to find out what lies beyond the ceiling platforms, heeding the calls of the maddened blind.
- Daughter of Thieves (Co-Authored)
- The Fifty Year Harvest
American Deep South - Horror Parody - New Adult
A young woman escapes a toxic relationship and finds herself in a sleepy backwater town with one stoplight. However, things are not as they seem. Can she unravel the mystery of the Peach Festival before it's too late?
- Nine Lives
Paris/Düsseldorf/New York City - Action - Adult
Lawyers, gangsters, lovers, professional thieves, doctors, and their collateral damage. Nine lives, woven together into a collision course with the law. A rat race to see who comes out on top, who comes out unscathed, and who walks away with the loot.
- Starting with Death
The Afterlife/East Coast USA - Urban Fantasy - New Adult
An orphaned girl finds the mysterious woman that is her only clue to her parents' deaths. But her quarry has a quandary of her own: the souls of the deceased are lingering on earth, when they should be in the afterlife.
- Poppy & Fisher (Co-Authored)
Montana - Mystery - New Adult
In a retelling of a literary classic, a young man is settling into a new job in a rural funeral home. But when things start to go missing, he begins moonlighting as a detective, and what he finds could shred the fabric of this tight-knit community.
- Winterslayer (Co-Authored)
Articles and Essays:
- Dear White GOP Dude in My Friend’s Facebook Comments - An exploration of some of the things I find equally frustrating and fascinating about online debates.
- How do we send children to school in America? - A response to American friends' back-to-school posts in the age of mass shootings.
- The Six Speakers at Every Event - A humor piece about speaker stereotypes.
- The Five People You Meet at Every Event - A humor piece about the delegates that attend conferences.
- Celebrity Suicides and Everyday Awareness - A response to the response to the death of Anthony Bourdain.
- Indoor air pollution as harmful as car fumes, study finds - A pop sci article about a study on volatile organic compounds, their adverse effects on health, and ways to reduce them in the home
- Chaucer, Hallmark, and Slavery - A brief overview of various origins of Valentine's Day, how it became all about the gifts, and other miscellaneous trivia relating to the holiday.
- Free online CPD opportunities - A guide to helping therapists achieve their continuing professional development (CPD) quotas. Has a long shelf life and continues to get numerous views month after month.
- The Value of a Life: A social issues essay - A piece exploring the commodification of human labour
- Music can help clients change their tune - A piece promoting case studies published in a magazine.
- Leamington Spa: Your guide to an amazing evening - A travel/promotional piece written for an upcoming event
- The FHT is set to shine at Olympia Beauty - Blog post reminding readers of an upcoming trade show exhibition
- How Hootsuite helps me maintain platforms come hell or high water - An article about how to use social media scheduling to reduce a marketer's workload
- FHT and MND leading out in race across London - Blog post promoting collaboration on MND Association's Prudential Ride London-Surrey 100
- Camp NaNoWriMo: The Road So Far - A five-point guide to help writers stay on target
- Rabbit vs. Tablet - A reaction/think piece touching on classism in a car advertisement
- Food: the Future Medicine - Blog post promoting a conference held by the College of Medicine
- Volvo is rolling out relaxation - Blog post advertising an initiative by Volvo to promote mindfulness, and to ask for volunteer therapists for the event series
- FHT Annual Training Congress attracts big crowds at Holistic Health - Post-event blog recapping a trade show exhibition and series of training sessions for therapists
- A Spider, A Robot, and A Dragon Walk Into A Bar... - Review of a play featuring winners of a local contest held by The Point and The Berry Theatre.
- LFCC & YALC 2016: A Comparative (and informal) Analysis - A post-event blog comparing the London Film & Comic Con and Young Adult Literature Conference to other similar events I've attended in the past
- Places to Write: The Art House - The first in a potential series of articles reviewing places for writers to do their thing
- A Beginner's Guide to Winning Over Your In-Laws - Humorous advice listicle
- Artefact Spotlight: 1928 travel guide - A newsletter contribution highlighting a piece from the Southeastern Railway Museum's archives
- Game of Silence is the latest film project to chug through Duluth - A newsletter contribution promoting the film and photography opportunities at Southeastern Railway Museum
- Nostalgia and Chrome reign at SRM's second annual Classics at the Crossing car show - a post-event article recapping a classic car show
- Shedding light on a workshop mystery - an article informing readers about the Southeastern Railway Museum's library collection
- Aiding and Abetting: How bottom lines superseded enemy lines - An essay I wrote detailing the myriad ways in which American corporations assisted the Germans during WWII, which earned a mark of 70
- How Elvis Died (Finished)
- Trust No Witch (Finished - for now)
- The Survible (Ongoing)