We’re closing in on a year of ups and downs, redundancies, temp roles, and dipping my toes in the freelance waters. I’ve made some really positive changes and significant progress on my mental and physical health, and I think 2019 is shaping up to be a fantastic year indeed.
NaNoWriMo, unsurprisingly, was a bust for me. In retrospect, November strikes me as a really inconvenient month to try and write a rough draft of a novel (or at least 50k of a rough draft). There’s Thanksgiving, and Christmas is looming on the horizon. And it’s on the back end of Halloween and Bonfire Night.
But, it doesn’t mean I haven’t been busy! I’m excited to have a few opportunities going:
- I’ve been featured in Medium’s publication I Quit!
- Another story was curated in their humor section
- My first collection of poems, Belts: A National Snapshot in Poems, is available on Kindle
- I’ve been writing poetry and short stories
- If you’re in the Hampshire, UK area, I’ve been teaching evening classes on Website Creation, Marketing for Beginners, Social Media for Business, and of course, Poetry!
- Red Feather Threads is a new shop I’ve opened on Etsy, mainly selling older items like books and collectibles.
- Itchen to Write’s 2019 schedule of events is live, and will be continuously updated with new dates and information
- and I have my first freelance clients!
If you’re interested in working with me on proofreading, editing, or writing, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
And what does all that mean?
It means I’ve been busy, but like a good busy, not the unproductive sort of busy that’s plagued my life for so long. I’m happier producing creative content, and I look forward to sharing all of it with you in the coming year.
If there’s anything you’d like to see more of on this website, please let me know–I’m always looking for new ideas!