It’s a little late, but better late than never. I’ve been thinking about how I’m framing these monthly updates. They’re supposed to be part accountability, part actual news updates to let you guys know what I’m up to when I’m busy not posting. So I might play around with how they’re laid out and what I actually talk about in them. If you’ve got feedback, you know where to leave it.
So what’s going on?
- I’ve been accepted to teach an introduction to poetry course through a local college! I’ll also be teaching some IT and marketing related courses, so be sure to check it out!
- Itchen To Write also had a very successful workshop on editing your writing with writing coach and screenwriter Craig J. Rickard. We’ve got more in the works; watch this space!
- I was featured on Medium, in their publication I Quit!, a collection of the best times we quit the worst jobs. You can read my contribution here.
- My first poetry collection, BELTS: A NATIONAL SNAPSHOT IN POEMS, is available on Amazon! It’s less than £1, so please consider downsizing your coffee one morning to make room in your budget for a copy.
- Ash & Feather is on Facebook now, officially. I post industry news, behind the scenes snippets of what I’m working on, and the occasional bit of new content. Give it a like, what’ve you got to lose?
- I’ve had a chance to work on my photography, and I think it’s getting really good. You can find out for yourself, either on Instagram or on the photography website YouPic.
- If you like what I get up to on here, and poetry’s not your thing, you can buy me a coffee now, or if you’re in it for the long haul, become a Patron.
Whew! And all that while juggling a re-entry into the workaday world, even if only as a temp. There’s been a lot of positive energy and good momentum behind me lately, so don’t be surprised if you see more posts like this, jam-packed with new content and achievements!
I’m also looking for opportunities for freelance writing and editing, so if you like the feel of my writing, please drop me a line.