So awhile ago, I decided to give the notebook into which I’d been brainstorming and outlining for NaNoWriMo a makeover.
This is now my main notebook/idea cache for my NaNoWriMo project, which I’ve decided to call Shroudland. It’s about a budding mortician who suspects things aren’t quite right at their new job, and an experiment in taking plotting and outlining to an extreme.
So here’s what I started with:
Just a plain composition notebook, originally chosen for its girly cover. Buying things that are very feminine makes sure that in a workplace that’s 90%
male my things always find their way back to me.
And here are my main tools:
So to start out with, I wrapped the notebook with a sheet of the stationery and trimmed it to fit more or less flush to the edge of the cover. I affixed the stationery with a glue stick, again, because this isn’t meant to be anything fancy, just something fun to help keep me inspired.
The stationery didn’t quite wrap, so I used some off cuts to finish the job on the back.
Great! Time for stickers! I wanted them to be roughly centered, so I used a measuring tape to place them.
And there you have it! One notebook ready to guide me through the harrowing process of NaNoWriMo!